Friday, September 25, 2009

Day 29 - September 25, 2009

2.5 POUNDS LOST THIS WEEK!

I did it again! Another 2.5 pounds! That makes four weeks in a row of consistent weight loss. I'm going to assume, then, that my of the 3 pounds lost after the first week, only 1/2 pound was water weight. Woohoo! This means I've lost a total of 10.5 pounds in 4 weeks! In theory (which is unlikely to happen, because I know how weight loss works), that means I could be down to my healthy weight by Christmas! My guess is, I'm going to hit my goal weight somewhere between mid-January and mid-February.

Wow, I'm just so pleased. Even though my mph has dropped a bit during my walks (by tenths of a point), I'm still clearly making progress! I think that means I can put off buying that weight vest a little bit longer. And I've not used my e-cigarette in a week! No smoking of any kind at all! Yay!

I'm officially "overweight" now; 1/2 a pound ago I was "obese." And I've lost 23% of my weight loss goal (10.5lbs out of 45lbs)!

I’ve been using an application on my iPhone to track my exercise (calories burned) and diet (calories, fat, protein, & carbs consumed) called Daily Burn. I’m using the free version, which basically does what I want; the “Pro” version tracks other things too: cholesterol, iron, etc. The application then syncs to a web account on http://www.dailyburn.com/ so I can see it on a bigger screen (and see more stats, too.) Well, Daily Burn just made my life a little bit easier. They have a new app (for $2.99) that scans barcodes! So instead of having to search for my food in their database (which can take awhile, depending on how many versions of blueberry yogurt Dannon makes, etc.), I just hold the barcode near the camera lens on my iPhone and it automatically scans it and searches for me! Then it syncs with my application and web account. Awesome! Now, of course, it won’t scan everything; my hard-boiled egg doesn’t come with a barcode, but really, if I got upset about that, I’d need my mental status “scanned.”

9:05 AM Quaker Low Sugar Instant Oatmeal maple brown sugar (I can tell there’s sugar missing; tasted like regular non-flavored oatmeal)
10:50 AM large hard-boiled egg
12:20 PM Lean Cuisine cheese ravioli (scanned with my iPhone, of course)
3:15 PM Dannon Light & Fit blueberry yogurt
4:20 PM 3/4 cup pineapple chunks
6:30 PM leftover McD's salad and 1 microwaved chicken breast (I know, sounds weird, but it's actually very juicy)
7:15 PM small bottled Starbucks mocha frappucino (so I could get cash back at Arco)

In general: 60oz of water

13 minutes of walking at 3.5mph
14 minutes of walking at 3.4mph
14 minutes of walking at 3.4mph

I'm not sure I'll be able to post this weekend: lots going on. But I'll do my best


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Go Workout


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones