Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Day 69 – November 4, 2009

Ok, I’ve really got to get back on track. I’ve gone out to lunch the last two days and only exercised 3 times. I ate waaay too much bad food over the Halloween weekend, and I put on 2 pounds! This needs to go away ASAP!!


I am, however, feeling very good about my weight-loss so far. I’m between sizes on my pants right now. I’ve bought jeans since my weight loss since those are harder to alter, but I’ve yet to replace or alter my usual pairs of black slacks. This morning I got fed up with my slacks and decided to try on other black pants I have in other sizes. The one thing I’ve really noticed over the last few years is that pant sizes have changed. Here’s how I know: I tried on a pair of size 8 pants this morning, but they were waaaay too tight. I tried on a different (and slightly newer) pair of size 8 pants and they are just thismuch too small. I can still wear them and look good, but they’re a bit tighter in the legs than I’d prefer. But wait, they’re both size 8!?! Yup, the number stayed the same on the pants, but the design made the newer pair bigger. Instead of designers making us feel bad for being fat, they’re helping us to deny that we’ve gained weight. I first noticed this trend about 3 years ago, but thought maybe it was just me. But the more I shop for dress pants, the more I think I might be right.


9:00 AM hard-boiled egg
12:30 PM Eating Right spaghetti with meat sauce
4:35 PM Quaker oatmeal raisin granola bar
7:00 PM sourdough French toast w/ margarine, powdered sugar and syrup; milk


30 minutes on the elliptical with 2.5lb weights around each ankle, using interval intensities and going backwards on the high intensity
15 minutes on a stationary bike with 2.5lb weights around each ankle, using interval intensities; I do not like the bike in the workout room; it angles my feet out so my lower legs are not in line with my upper legs. Makes for not-so-fun knee pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Go Workout


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones